With UChat app, you are enjoying sophisticated voice call facilities. Your mobile is not only a personal phone, but it also acts simultaneously as your VoIP phone residing at your office desk when connected to Internet (Wi-Fi) with the benefits below:
- Free from IDD charge in calling any HK telephone number when traveling overseas
- Receive calls which attend to your office phone (with option to turn off)
- Access directly your own voicemail at your office phone
|e-Announcement Posting Request||Cutoff time is 4:30pm (Mon – Fri)|
|Dissemination of e-Announcement||Same day in the evening (Mon – Fri)|
Polycom Room System
ITO possesses a H.323 standard HD Video Conferencing Unit which can only be held at some selected locations in the University. Users are recommended to check with ITO first for the locations. Wherever possible, the ITO is able to make special arrangements to meet users’ need. Besides, ITO has set up ready-for-use VC equipment in RRS-305A. Members of the University can conduct VC locally or internationally with prior booking.
Skype for Business (Free)
Skype for Business* (formerly Microsoft Lync) is a cloud-based service which supports instant messaging, voice/video conference with multiple parties via the Internet:
- Run on PC (Windows/Mac) and mobile (iOS/Android/Windows)
- Support PC desktop sharing
- Support meeting with non-BU Skype for Business account, or guest without a Skype for Business account
*Requires an active SSOid to login (SSOid@link.hkbu.edu.hk).
WebEx is a cloud-based service which supports instant messaging, voice/video conference with multiple parties via the Internet:
- run on PC (Windows/Mac) and mobile (iOS/Android/Windows)
- support PC desktop sharing
|Location||HSH Campus||SHAW Campus||BUR Campus|
|Source||AC Hall, LT-1, LT-2, LT-3||SCC201||AAB201|
|Destination||Chapel, Lecture Theaters, Classroom and meeting room with network access managed by ITO|
- Request for service should be raised to ITO at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Camera, A/V facilities (TV, Projectors) and shooting service are NOT included.
- User should provide their own equipment with specification below:
- Video source: Camera with HDMI output
- Display equipment: TV/projector with HDMI input
Without changing the TV content (channels), new IPTV platform at user end only requires a TSP, SetTop Box and Display equipment (e.g. TV set) with HDMI interface for connection establishment.
Please refer to the TV Station & Channel Guide.
Types of programme
- Event /programme promotions
- University news and announcements
- Daily inspirational messages
- Image building initiatives
- Events/activities footage
- Student show reels
For details, please access the iCandy Webpage.
|Service||Policies & Guidelines|
|UChat||Installation & Quick Start Guide|
|e-Announcement||Policy for posting e-Announcement|
|IPTV / TV Stations & Channels||TV Station & Channel Guide|
|Video Conferencing (Polycom Room System)||✓|
|Live Broadcast Services||✓|
|IPTV / TV Stations & Channels||✓|
|iCandy (Content hosting)||✓|