ITO restricts the distribution of bulk emails, the Information Technology Committee (ITC) has approved that the ‘Postman’ channel for bulk delivery of messages should only be provided to the Offices of P/VC, VPs and Associate VPs. Departments/offices should utilize the University e-Announcement channel for disseminating their departmental messages.
Please note the general guidelines on handling bulk email or message as follows:
- Users should refrain from sending bulk email and message.
- Message targeted for all staff and/or students should be disseminated via e-Announcement or Postman supported by ITO, on a need-basis.
- Users may use their application system (e.g. SIS) to send out bulk email at their discretion, if such function is available.
- ITO would only help, if there is a legitimate functional-need, sending bulk mail/message for
- Administrative offices, who need to communicate directly to staff/students/outsiders;
- U-wide Committee