Email accounts for all staff, students and departments have already been automatically created. There are occasions where departments / staff may require additional accounts to facilitate their educational collaboration or legitimate business with the University. For such, special email accounts may be requested by departments/offices for the following purposes:
- Research centre / institution
- University event / activity / conference / consultation session / forum
- Academic project
- Staff recruited and stationed in PRC / HKBU affiliates
- New academic programme / concentration
- Special committee / functional body
Guideline for Email Account Creation:
- All accounts should be provided on a need basis;
- Allow sufficient lead time for account processing;
- Proper justification is expected;
- Multiple accounts should not be requested for a particular identity for different operating functions, e.g. different email accounts for different kinds of email topics;
- An application should be authorized by the Dean of Faculty/School, Director of Centre/Programme or Head of Department/Office;
- All accounts created upon request will have a validity period of no more than 3 years for which subsequent extension may be requested if needed.
To set up your HKBU email account, please choose your mean below for guidelines:
Users should refrain from sending bulk emails. Where possible, users should first consider disseminating information to the University community through the e-Announcement channel. Users may use their application system (e.g. SIS) to send out bulk emails at their discretion, if such function is available.
Previously, approval must be obtained from P/VC, Provost, VPs or Associate VPs for mass email delivery by ITO to all staff and/or all students. Per SECO’s approval as announced by AVP(E), with effect from 3 July 2017, all Deans, Director of AVA and Heads of Administrative Offices are now authorised to endorse such requests according to the mass mail submission and approval requirements below:
- What email client is recommended for use on my desktop computer?
- How do I set up my HKBU email account on mobile devices?
- Is there any email forwarding service for leaving staff?
- Can I retain my HKBU email account upon retirement?
- How to access Gmail in mainland China?
- How to deal with SPAM emails?
- Gmail FAQ