Single Sign On user id (SSOid) is created automatically for both staff and students to sign in to the intranet and U-wide IT services using one set of login credentials
Empowering users to access University IT resources with ease and confidence has always been our priority. As endorsed by IT Committee in December 2016, users requesting for central IT services should be authenticated by Two-Factor Authentication (2FA).
After elaborate technical evaluation and testing, an advanced 2FA solution by DUO has been implemented since 4 January 2018 for staff being the first application with DUO 2FA enabled. Starting on 11 February 2019, the following services will also be protected by DUO 2FA :
– Webpages that are protected by Portal Login
– VPN (for General User and IT Administrator)
What is two-factor authentication? Why do I need it?
Traditionally, access to University IT resources requires you to provide username and password. While it is an effective way to protect your data, protection with password only is increasingly easy to be compromised. It can often be stolen, guessed or hacked – you may not even know someone is accessing your account.
Two-factor authentication adds a second layer of security to your accounts. Verifying your identity using a second factor (e.g. your smartphone with an app) to approve authentication requests prevents anyone but you from logging in, even if they know your password.
After inputting your login information, you will be asked to either respond to a push message OR enter a one-time passcode to verify your identity – both can be done via your mobile device.
You are now securely logged in
Register your mobile device starting 4 January 2018 by following the simple instruction given in the User Guide (refer to ‘Policies & Guidelines’ tab).
It will guide you through for a self-enrollment process to get your mobile device registered as the second authentication factor. The process is very simple and should take only 2 minutes. Please feel free to contact our Customer Service Call Centre if you need further assistance.
Systems Protected by Duo Two-Factor Authentication
– Microsoft Office 365 (such as Outlook and OneDrive) for staffRevise to new content
– BUniPort(starting 11 February 2019)
– Webpages that are protected by Portal Login(starting 11 February 2019)
– VPN (for General User and IT Administrator)(starting 11 February 2019)
– New Financial Information System (New FIS)(starting 30 August 2019)
– My Library System(starting 30 August 2019)
– Adobe ID Login(starting 30 August 2019)
– MathWorks(starting 30 August 2019)
– VV Impact(starting 30 August 2019)
– iThenticate(starting 30 August 2019)
– IT Service Request / Incident Report Management(starting 30 August 2019)
More central IT services will also be 2FA enabled. Announcement will be made in due course.
Free of Charge