Terms and Conditions
Use of the HKBU Student e-Card (the “Card”)
The main function of the Card is for student identification. Other uses and functions may from time to time be added after announced by the Hong Kong Baptist University (the “University”) which reserves the right to change all the permitted uses and functions of the Card with immediate notice. All Card holders shall check regularly and pay attention to the relevant notices and announcements issued by the University.
Important: Falsification or misuse of the Card may constitute an offence, which may lead to suspension of the e-Card and disciplinary action.
The following are the terms governing the use of the Card:
- The Cards are only issued to students (or “you”) currently registered with the University.
- Students are obliged to present their Card for verification of identity when they are requested by a staff member of the University in the execution of duty.
- Only mobile device installed with HKBU Mobile app, an official mobile app provided and supported by the University, may be installed with the Card.
- The Card bears your name, student number, study programme, study mode and photograph. It is an important proof of your personal identity. All students are required to take good care of the Card. In the event of the loss of the mobile device installed with your Card or any unauthorised access to or extraction of data from such device, you are required to immediately report it to Academic Registry, Graduate School, or the School of Continuing Education as appropriate to prevent any misuse of your Card or the related data.
- Falsification, unauthorised use and any other use of the Card by you or any third party that is or potentially in breach with any of these terms may constitute an offence, and may lead to suspension of the Card and/or disciplinary action.
- The Card is not transferable.
- As the bearer of the Card, you are responsible for all transactions made with or supported by the Card.
- Any losses that you may suffer as a result of the loss of the Card are to be borne by you personally and solely, and you accept that the University has no liability whatsoever.
- Students who are found to have shared, accepted, acquiesced or authorised use of the Card by any party other than the Students themselves will be subject to disciplinary action.
- The Card is valid only during the time that you are a registered student in the University.
- The Card will expire automatically upon cessation of your status as a registered student of the University.
- In the event of any dispute between you and the University about the use of the Card, and the interpretation of these terms, the decision of the University shall be final and conclusive.
- You may not tamper with or circumvent any security technology installed in or linked to the Card. In addition, you may not and you agree not to, or to enable others to, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, decrypt, modify, or create derivative works of the software used in the setup of the Card or any services provided by such software, or any part thereof.
- The University reserves the right to change these terms at any time without prior notice.